Download a PDF version of my resume here (July 2018).
My work experience revolves around the concepts of ownership and access. In my daily work I emphasise that access is more important than ownership. This perspective drives me to innovate sectors that are restricted by intellectual property rights to create societal value. I am qualified in all matters of Intellectual Property, including trademarks, patents, copyright and related rights.
I spend half of my time at my own company IP Squared and half of my time as a specialist information management at the North Holland Archives. I spend a good part of my free time working at Open Nederland or Creative Commons Nederland.
- Intellectual Property and Knowledge Management, LLM (2017)
- Social Innovation Safari, summer school (2013)
- International Copyright Law, summer school (2010)
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society, M.Sc (2009)
- Software Engineering, B.Eng (2005)
A complete overview of my professional life can be found on LinkedIn.
North Holland Archives (2019 -)
I work as a Specialist Information Management at the North Holland Archives (NHA). The NHA holds the archives of 20 regional, provincial and national institutes and is one of the largests of the Netherlands. I advise on technical information management challenges as well as policies on publishing information, knowledge and culture from the archives.
IP2 (2018 -)
I work as a freelancer under the name of IP Squared. IP2 is a consultancy firm where I combine my skills as an Information Professional with my training as Intellectual Property lawyer.
Overview of some of my projects:
- Advisor to the Luxembourg Competency network on Digital Heritage
- Researcher for the National Swedish Heritage Board
- Researcher for the Province of Gelderland, the Netherlands
- Advisor to the special collections of the University Library of Leiden
Open Nederland (2018 -)
I founded an association (vereniging) called Open Nederland (Open Netherlands) to support the work of Creative Commons in the Netherlands. I am the chair of the association.
Creative Commons (2009 -)
I’ve been actively working on Creative Commons in the Netherlands since 2009. Until June 2018 this was part of my work at Kennisland. Leaving Kennisland coincided with a global reorganisation, leading to the forming of a Dutch Chapter for Creative Commons.
- Chapter lead (2018 -)
- Legal advisor (2011 -)
- Project lead (2012 – 2018)
- Project member (2009 – 2012)
Kennisland (2009 – 2018)
- Project lead @ a roadmap for authority data in Luxembourg
- Project lead @ copyrightexceptions.eu
- Advisor @ videorooter.eu
- Technical advisor @ diligentsearch.eu
- Architect @ Embedr.eu
- Open Content Advisor @ Creative Commons Netherlands
- Advisor @ Open Cultuur Data
- Policy writer @ Europeana
- Requirements Engineer @ Europeana
- Technological Architect @ OpenImages
- Project Lead @ Geluid van Nederland
- IT Coordinator @ Kennisland
- Researcher @ GLAMWiki Toolset
- Researcher/Developer @ outofcopyright.eu